CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Wednesday 29 June 2011

CJ BACK TO BASICS - THE BEGINNING....

Hi Everyone, Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog!!

I'm raising money for Save the Children and I'd really appreciate your support. Their website is
www.savethechildren.org.uk


It all started when I read an article about a Shanghai businessman that, in 2009, challenged his fellow countrymen to live on just £10 a week (not including household bills) - hoping it would inspire them to lead a simpler life, which in turn, inspired me, I thought can I do the same??

I really think it will fit in well with current issues especially the well publicised UK child poverty and also overseas  poverty.



Also the hunger and drought situation, linking in with self sufficiency crisis 



opportunities for education and the economic crisis.

It encourages people to get back to basics and enjoy the simpler things in life and raises money for a fantastic cause.  Even if they do not feel they can donate it may help families to manage a tight budget in the current climate.  There are a variety of angles to this story.  My aim is the complete the 6 month challenge and raise as much as I can to make a difference.



I have got so used to spending far too much on things which a not necessary (even though I convince myself they are) such as lavish meals out, champagne, a bottle of Chablis after a "tough day", shopping sprees, raiding the Clinique beauty counter, moaning about no payrises, the economic climate etc etc the list goes on.

Then I went onto the Save the Children website and it reminded me in fact how lucky we are. So this is how I came to my challenge.....

I am going to do the £10 a week challenge for 6 months, this is to cover all food and drink, personal expenses, and entertainment. I am getting back to basics and really questioning do I really need this? How can I do the same cheaper? Anyway I could ramble on and on but I will refrain!

Please if you can take a few moments just look at my page I would be most grateful.
http://www.justgiving.com/Chloe-Thompson
Just go to my JustGiving page, and have a look, there is more information about my mission and the charity.

If you would like to donate, you can online with a credit or debit card -


Or text LDAH92 £1 to 70070 to donate (you can vary the amount in the text if you like)

JustGiving sends your donation straight to Save the Children and automatically reclaims Gift Aid on all eligible donations, so what you give is worth even more.  I hope you'll join me in supporting Save the Children.

I will post on here as much as I can about my progress and how i manage on £1.42 a day, it may inspire others or even if you can just follow me that would be great!!

I have also contacted the local media and local businesses for their support... so watch this space!

Much Love Chloe xx

p.s My Father has taken custody of all my cards, cheque book and any cash and will give me a ten pound note each week and he will not budge!! no worries there! :)



 

6 Comments:

At 8 July 2011 at 08:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done you! I look forward to reading of your progress.

 
At 8 July 2011 at 12:13 , Blogger CJ Back to Basics said...

Thank you, will keep it up to date with all the latest
For you! Thanks for following and supporting! Xx chloe

 
At 8 July 2011 at 12:58 , Anonymous Annie.G said...

Chloe - I am so impressed - well done and good luck.

I only donate to Save the Children, on behalf of my grandchildren, who have so much.

I'll keep checking in to see how you're doing.

Best wishes. Anne. xxxxx

 
At 8 July 2011 at 14:11 , Blogger CJ Back to Basics said...

Thanks Anne for your lovely message! It's these nice messages of support from people like you that will keep me going the whole 6 months! So thanks to u and your grandchildren for your support! C xx

 
At 10 July 2011 at 03:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chloe, this is a great thing to be doing! I'm really impressed and find it very moving and inspiring. I work for one of Save the Children's country offices out in Egypt and will make sure that my colleagues are aware of what you're doing...so on behalf of all of us over here - thank you and well done!!
Lucy

 
At 10 July 2011 at 06:59 , Blogger CJ Back to Basics said...

Thanks for your message Lucy! It's great to hear comments like that, especially from so far away in Egypt! I will keep updating the blog so u can follow! Thanks for your support! Chloe xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home