CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Wednesday 29 June 2011

DAY 1 OF THE CHALLENGE...

It would be easy for me to opt to eat 6 months worth of Tesco value noodles but i know i wouldnt be able to do it and it would be far from nutritious!!

Breakfast 22p....
I bought tesco value wholemeal bread at 47p a loaf so 2p a slice (a bit on the skinny side but ok, as i watched my family tuck into tesco finest chunky seeded loaf).  For breakfast I had two poached eggs from the chickens in my garden, on a piece of toast (I charge myself 10p an egg).

Just as I started this my Buff Orpington chicken went broody so no eggs for a while... I reckon she knew!!

So I found myself reching for the trusty original Delia cookbook, I made.....
Leek, Potato and onion soup
4 Leeks       £1.51
2 Potatoes   £0.56
1 Onion       £0.14
50g butter    £0.22 (tesco value again... good old tesco!)
Total            £2.43 for six portions,
Lunch - 40p for a bowl of very tasty soup!

Tesco value yogurt 29p for four, so 7p

Now comes the creative part! I attempted to make my own pasta... the funniest looking pasta ever! but i will perfect it given time!
500g of white flour    £0.61
4 eggs                       £0.40
Total                         £1.01 for 6 portions so, 17p a portion

Then stir fried up half a packet of veg mix for 50p (my Mother even charged me 5p to borrow so Soy sauce... all in a good cause hmmmm no soy sauce donations there then! lol)

So Dinner 67p

Total Day 1       £1.36     Target     £1.42   = Result!!

Feeling pretty perky (although i do raid the tea bags at work!)

Contacted Local businesses, newspapers and radio in hope of some support! I even offered my services to a local buther in exchange for some meat (which a tenner a week just does not strech to!) 
The got an email back from the Colchester Gazzette interested in the story so I shall post some more tomorrow!

bye for now xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home