CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Sunday 3 July 2011

Day 5 and 6....

 

It officially the weekend, so Saturday I had two scrambled eggs to start 20p.
Then home to mow the lawn as promised, i have to say it made me realise how unfit i am!!! nearly killed me off lol! They took pictures as evidence i think as i dont think the couldn't believe their eyes... Dad usually does it when i was off out somewhere...



Then i needed to get organised for dinner with Steve and Morgan coming over and lunch next week as i cant afford to go for convenience food! I made Potato, Celery and Bacon soup 5 portion for next week at 35p a portion, thats my lunches sorted!

Then what i thought was going to be a quick assembly job, a lasagne, took me ages!!
I rolled out two portions of my pasta i made earlier in the week into 16 sheets for 34p, made some ragu/bolognese with 250g tesco market value mince 53p, 100g cooking bacon 17p, onion 13p, tin value tomatoes 33p, tomato puree 5p, 50ml red wine i nicked off Dad and gave him 25p for and some dry basil. Made white sauce from milk 31p, butter 33p and flour 11p, dash double cream 25p all with a sprinkling of parmesan on the top 30p.  £3.10 for the lot and it ended up doing 5 portions at 62p a portion so i have some left for in the week. It tasted lovely, I must admit the meat filling was on the skinny side but thats what you get for a 62p homemade lasagne!



 I also made 2 ciabattas from some flour for a pound (about 10 slices) so i had a slice of that for 10p, they had a slice and i put the rest in the freezer for the week. We had some salad from the garden, so my dinner cost me 72p. While i was making all of this i forgot i hadnt had lunch and then i remembed the little bit of left over carbonara in the fridge from the other night and ate a small bowl of that, free today!
Watched a dvd and was in bed early, was so tired, think it was all the cooking and the lawn mowing!
Dinner is on Steve tomorrow night so i will save the money i spent on feeding them last night today!

Whole day just for my portions was 92p.

Day 6 Sunday..
A portion of porridge i traded for lawn mowing (the whole bag was £1.07 for a kg) so cost me 5p as i made it with water.
We are going to a free Music Festival today in Christchurch park in Ipswich, I will be taking a big bottle of tap water with me and Steve will take care of most of the picnic and dinner in return for yesterdays overspend lol! (two dinners at 72p each!)
I know i sound incredibly tight but its what i have to do if I am going to suceed!! Lol!

Still no alcohol.. i must say i feel so much better for it, it is a depressant afterall.

bye for now x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home