CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Monday 4 July 2011

End of my first week!! only another 25 to go..

Day 6..
Yesterday we went to Ipswich Music festival steve packed me a salad and filled up a used bottle with tap water for me to drink throughout the day.  The nearest car park was £7.50 for the day, nearly a weeks food, so i refused! we drove further out and parked for free and walked up to the park, was not far. Entry to Christchurch park was free. For a free event it was very good with i think 4 or 5 stages, rides, drinks bars, food bars etc.  I had a lovely day and didnt spend a penny, just ate my salad, drunk my water, watched the bands in the sun and had a wander round!






Steve had two beers and I could have quite happily sunk a few glasses of dry white and had a nibble on the hog roast that was there but sticking to the cause 100%!!

First week, stuck to budget and didnt become a recluse... so far so good! :)

They do say the best things in life are free..... i think this is definitely true.

And in the words of Bridget Jones "Children... they are the future"... so get donating for save the Children!!

Even £1 will make a difference!

In the evening Steve made some dinner (not extravagant, just out the cupboard, still sticking to the theme) and we all played frisby in the garden then i fell asleep in the bath... kids wear you out!!  Lol!

Day 7..
Back to work... booo...one poached egg on toast 12p, plus my 40p soup and 7p yoghurt, got a portion of my lasagne tonight from the weekend 62p with small portion of salad 10p £1.31 in all...

Need to get creative with some free entertainment/social ideas.. suggestions welcome!!? Also maybe some other ideas to boost the fund for Save the Children, maybe an added fundraiser? Just comment on my blog with any ideas suggestions you have please. You may have noticed on the news this morning about the drought and people fleeing to what were refugee camps and then a save the children rep speaking.. they need our help.

Things I have found hard so far... no alcohol, no diet coke, no meals out, having to think of every penny and everything i think about putting in my mouth (i like my food and drink.. you may have gathered). Also going into a bar on a friday night and drinking tap water with people dancing around you... have discovered i only seem to be able to dance comfortably under the influence but i did a little wiggle of my right leg.. better than nothing!

The best bits, support from people, even ones i dont know! discovering i can have fun and eat well on a tight budget, i just have to be creative and organised. media interest and above all I can see its starting to make a difference to the fund! so please keep following! You can add yourself as a follower to this blog and then i can see who is reading which is really encouraging me, so please do!

Speak later x

2 Comments:

At 12 July 2011 at 12:04 , Anonymous twinkle said...

Hi Chloe, heard you on the radio this morning, well done for your quest. I know you will do it. It turns out its quite rewarding to live on very little, I do it all the time now although I am not doing it for the same reason as you. As you asked about social ideas, what about doing a back to basic come dine with me. (everyone would have to have a very low budget)You would get 3 meals out! so then you could spend 3 days money on your come dine with me meal. The mozzarella bake sounds good and you said you managed to make 4 portions so that could be your main course!

 
At 17 July 2011 at 22:35 , Blogger CJ Back to Basics said...

Thanks twinkle! Yes I agree it feelS rewarding and you appreciate things much more! Thanks for the come dine with me idea, sounds good! I watch that show all the time too! Thanks for your support! Chloe x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home