CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Saturday 9 July 2011

Friday... the official start to the weekend!

Well at least i thought so, but had such a stressful day at work, everything that could have gone wrong.. did!! but no glass of wine, no diet coke or comfort food to compensate!! I am being a good girl!

Cor forget strwberry jam on porridge, try stewed plums from my garden, they make a boring breakfast very yummy! so a 5p breakfast pimped up with some plums!

Lunch was soup again (after quite some time), I forgot i froze it to keep it fresh so went to get it a lunchtime and had to try to defrost it and then prize it out of the jar, eventually after about 10-15 minutes of faffing about i had my lunch! but its such good soup, i dont mind, that is a classic example of my excellent organisational skills! lol! 35p.

Dinner, my mum helped me out and made some ragu while i was at work with the rest of my mince, there are 6 portions at 38p per portion, bargain, and its a Jamie Oliver recipe (without the parmesan cheese as i cant afford it!) and she made it, so it tastes really good! I havent made any pasta to go with it because my chicken buffy (her breed is a buff opington.. hence the name Buffy, yes, i know, very original!) is still broody (i think its attempted sabotage!!)... look she cant even be bothered to smile for the camera (the one on the far left.!.) When she does lay she lays the best eggs, i suppose they do say "the best things are worth waiting for", who said that?? i want some pasta!



Anyway what saved the day was a very tasty fresh corgette ( i am fortunate i love corgettes!) straight from my neighbours Margaret and Don Dansey's vegetable patch, I roasted that, cut it open and put the ragu on top, very nice and very cheap. I am going to offer to walk their dog or something in return.

I also had one of those cheapy tesco yoghurts for 7p.

So another day well under budget!

went to bed early.. my stressy day wore me out! (I know very flakey!) But went to be with a big smile on my face because i have had some more donations and messages of support from more lovely people xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home