CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Saturday 30 July 2011

Tesco trip....Result!!

I needed to get my soup and dinners for next week made as I know i will be busy at work and if i am not organised I will find the challenge very hard indeed!!

So off i went to tesco and i got very excited at the site of the reduced fruit and veg section, it wasnt stuff that i could leave in the fridge all week, i needed to cook it all up when i got home but was cheap as chips!!

I bought
  • Potatoes, cabbage and leek and onions for soup
  • 20 sausages ( i wont use them all in a week), condensed tomato soup, kidney beans and 1kg of rice for a sausage and bean casserole with rice
  • Potatoes, cauliflower, green beans, spinach and tomatoes to make a vegetable curry with the rice
To the soup i added a small amount of the cheap cooking bacon (about 15 pence worth) i still have in the fridge from last week, i have enough soup for over a week!
I used some butter i still have in the fridge and some spices from the cupboard in the vegetable curry, it made enough for about 6 portions!
I havent made the sausage casserole yet.

But here you go, i reckon i have enough dinners for nearly two weeks and all of my ingredients from tesco cost just £6.70, the rice and the sausages will last me a while too and i also have a bag of new potatoes and a brocolli unused. so a very sucessful shop!

I was going to put coconut milk in the curry but went to the aisle and it was £1.89 for one can so I decided to not put it in the curry which then gave me enough money to buy the stuff for the sausage casserole and the rice.

I have decided to live like this successfully you need to buy whats cheap and then make something nice with it, rather than deciding "i want to make this recipe" or "i want this for dinner" because then you are restricted to buying the ingredients regardless of their price.



my many jars of soup

my tasty veggie curry


night night xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home