CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Wednesday 13 July 2011

The last couple of days...

Tuesday...
I had my morning interview with Dave Monk on BBC Essex on Tuesday morning at half 9 in the morning...I was still really nervous but it was a really good interview, Dave asked all the right questions and him and the team were really friendly and made me feel really at ease! And guess what.. no technical hitches this time, lol! So thank you Dave and the team at BBC Essex for the interview and all your support!! Look forwards to speaking to you later in the campaign to see how its going! 
Here it is, if you missed it and fancy a listen ;)

If you have trouble with this I also posted it on you tube: (after about 4 hours it actually worked)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF68rRMhZVM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Breakfast was pimped up porridge again 5p, soup 17p, dinner I made a Spanish Tortilla (a fancy omlette) from Delia's cookbook, it had two small potatoes, one small onion, 4 eggs, half a green pepper and some chorizo with a little salad from the garden. I had to use half the oil and half the green pepper and half the amount of chorizo to keep it in budget but it was still tasty and quite filling. I had a quarter of it for about 60p. 
Work has been so busy I havent had time to think about feeling hungry.. just had diet coke cravings!!

After my interview I had a really kind donation from Carolyn Brooks with a really lovely message so thank you Carolyn, I was really touched! I also had some messages of support from other people who had heard my interview so I went to bed feeling really good about the progress made with the campaign and the very kind messages of support and luck from some lovely people! x

Wednesday... Woo Hoo officially over half way through the week!! Only two days until the weekend!
Porridge again this morning with plums, I know you must be thinking "isn't she getting bored of eating that?" well the answer would be yes without the tasty plums on the top and it leaves me with more to eat later as its only 5p! Lunch, more soup but its full of goodness, 17p. Got another quarter of my tortilla for dinner tonight. So no cooking although i may attempt to make my own ricotta cheese tonight! Will let you know...

Oh almost forgot the best bit!! I had a call from Claire today and she is letting me have a space this Sunday 17th July at the Stowmarket Carnival http://www.stowmarketcarnival.co.uk/ to do Children's face painting to raise money for Save the Children... I am very excited!! So thank you to Claire and the organisers for giving me the opportunity!

Steve very kindy bought a face painting kit for me, to make it possible to do the fundraisers I have planned so thank you very much to his kind donation!

I then called the team at Save the Children to supply me with some posters and stickers etc, they are such a great team of lovely people there, I had a great chat with them and they are sending the items out first class in-time for Sunday! So thanks to Sharon and Sarah and all the team at Save the Children xx
I better get practicing my face painting...my Auntie Liz and Uncle Bill are staying for a couple of days, so Mum, Dad, Liz and Bill will be back shortly.... they have no idea what i have in store for them!! they are my guinea pigs, or a tiger, or a butterfly.. whatever they want to be! Lol! will post the pics! 

Speak later xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home