CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Sunday 17 July 2011

Just got home!!

Well I have to say face painting all day is hard work!! i'm exhausted but it was really good fun!!

I charged £2 a face and despite the heavy rain showers and storms, we took £62, I gave £10 to the carnival organisers for the gazebo and pitch for the day as they are all volunteers too.  So a big thankyou to Claire and the team at Stowmarket for making it possible... Also to my Mum Irene and Steve for donating the face paints and all my guinea pigs I had beforehand! So £52 to add to the offline total on the just giving page! :)

I forgot to say I made my own ricotta cheese, really easy, really cheap, only used about 60p of whole milk and makes a breakfast bowl full and you can stir a spoon into pasta and spinach (I got a big bag of frozen spinach for a pound in asda, its so much cheaper than the fresh stuff but still not bad!) I had that last night and for lunch today, both mornings I had porridge, lunch yesterday was a slice of skinny toast 2p with half a can of asda value beans 14p, with a little bit of ricotta on the top (as i wanted to try it!) and tonight I have had ragu and corguette with some pasta (yes i still have some left from last week!!) so really cheap food all weekend, no alcohol, no diet coke, filthy finger nails from all the paint and an aching back.... but £52 to add to the fund so I am happy!!... just shame its back to work tomorrow hey!

Speak tomorrow xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home