CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Monday 11 July 2011

This weekend....

Thought I would do a quick update from the weekend for you...

Saturday...

With no alcohol i seem to be getting up really early! even if i do want a lay in, I wake up hungry now, whereas I didnt used to so downstairs for a poached egg on toast 22p. (eggs have gone up to 20p.. I think my mum has caught onto a money maker as Buffy is still broody!)

Lunch.. I have discovered a new recipe, vegetarians especially may like, its corguette and tomatoes layered with a layer of mozarella baked in the oven, with a sprinkling of parmesan, and salad on the side from the garden.  I made it strech to 4 portions, the mozzarella was 50p (tesco value), tomatoes 45p, my corguettes were free from my neighbour but had they not have been free they would have cost 60p, parmesan was about 10p, so approx 41p per portion if I had to pay for the corguettes, as i didnt its 26p

Dinner was the Ragu with rice so 28p plus a portion of tesco value rice at (48p for 1kg) so was only 3p.

A value yoghurt at 7p.

Under budget again which is great!!

On Sunday..

I had another egg on toast 22p, lunch was another portion of the bake 26p with salad from the garden.

I went to see Jimmy's Farm for support so just waiting to hear back from them.  fingers crossed everyone!!

Then I thought, got to get organised for week 3 of the challenge, so I go off with my tenner..... well i went to Aldi, thought to myself, people always say its cheap in there..didnt get the trolley with a pound coin as I didnt have one and wanted the whole tenner to spend! well i came out with a lettuce for 39p and a celery for 39p... i actually found myself turning my nose up at everything that was nearer to a pound!! how mad is that.. before I didnt even look at the price tags!!

So I think to myself... right well "Mums go to Iceland" that must be cheap but apparently they dont do decimal places, the cheapest thing was a pound, or two pounds or three pounds etc!!

So off to Asda and got all my things in there, I have decided them and tesco are the best.... the funny thing is is I wasted loads of time and probably spent my savings I made in my Mum's petrol!! Lol nevermind at least i know not to bother with Audi and Iceland now!

Eventually after my supermarket crawl... I get back and make some soup for the week Potato, celery and Bacon.  In Asda they are doing 2.5kg potatoes for £1 what a bargain, the amount i used cost me 30p and my i used half my aldi celery at 20p, an onion at 15p, 100g of cooking bacon 17p, stock cubes (tesco value ones) 2p, 1/4 pint milk 13p, and 25g of butter 6p (i am buying asda best for baking 55p for 250g).  Total £1.03 , made 6 portions so 17p a portion.

I had one portion for dinner plus a sice of skinny bread 19p.

Today cost only 67p.

Then i had to do some work for work from about 3pm until about 11pm to get stuff done for today so was shattered when i went to bed.

Its official weekends go far too quick.... i'm all up for a 4 day week and a 3 day weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home