CJ Back to Basics

SAVE THE CHILDREN PROGRESS!

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Hallo aus der Schweiz! Hello from Switzerland!

Saturday the 15th October 2011 was 'The Big One' at Le Talbooth in Dedham.

What a fantastic night!!!

90 wonderful people came to the event....

I arrived at 6pm before the event to find Sandra and Brad already helping put the balloons and place names on the tables, they were both such a great help to me in organising the event.
The food was top notch, absolutely lovely and the service was great too, the Talbooth staff attended to our every need.  I can't recommend them highly enough!
Marilyn, our guest speaker was great, she was so informative and spoke with great ease, a really great addition to the night, she stayed for dinner and it was a real pleasure to meet her.
My Dad Peter, well... I think he must have missed his vocation.. he made a fantastic auctioneer, i was really quite impressed!!! well done Dad!
My Mum Irene and her friend Pauline did the raffle with Mum on the mic, they did so well we ran out of tickets!
After the meal, auction and raffle, Kevin started to sing, he was everything I thought he would be and more... absolutely brilliant, everyone loved him and i wouldn't hesitate to book him again for any event i had he was great and a really nice chap too!  The dancefloor was immediately filled with eager dancers and everybody had really made an effort to dress up for the occasion which was really special.
One thought I took away that evening was that every person in that marquee was such a lovely person, the room seemed somehow filled with love.  Such a special night shared with very special people indeed.

Thankyou to everyone, who helped, supported and came and enjoyed. Thank you also to those who couldnt attend but still donated to the charity.  Everybody was so generous, I couldnt have asked for a better result.  I am really so very grateful to everybody and i really do hope that everyone there enjoyed it all just as much as I did!!

The night raised an outstanding £2,100 for the charity save the children!! more than double of what i had hoped for!! I was absolutely amazed!!

So in total, the save the children fund is sitting at nearly £3000 raised in total.  Thankyou everyone!! xxxxxx
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home